Adam Woodruff can be found on both sides of the media aisle- that is, he has written about gardening and design, and he's been the subject of feature-length pieces in regional and national publications.
In The News
In recent years, our work has been featured in these regional and national publications:
- Better Homes & Gardens, September 2016, "The New Natural" by Thomas Christopher.
- The Washington Post, December 2, 2015, "Why mulch and manicured lawns should become a thing of the past" by Adrian Higgins.
- "The Authentic Garden: Naturalistic and Contemporary Landscape Design" by Richard Hartilage & Sandy Fischer.
- "Planting in a Post-Wild World: Designing Plant Communities for Resilient Landscapes" by Thomas Rainer & Claudia West.
- Landscape Architects Network, January 14, 2015, "Key Insights on Planting Design in our Interview with Top Plantsman Adam Woodruff".
- Gardens Illustrated magazine, Issue 216, “Design update, ideas and sourcebook”compiled by Annie Gatti.
- Fine Gardening magazine, January/February 2015, “Matrix Planting” by Michelle Gervais.
- Garden Design magazine, Summer 2014, "One To Watch" profile by Susan Cohan.
- St. Louis At Home magazine Architect & Designer Awards 2014.
- Grounded Design by Thomas Rainer, January 20, 2014, "The Sabbatical"- What happens when America’s most promising planting designer takes time to study the world’s leading designers?
- Consumer Reports, May 2013, "Shifting landscapes- Five ways the American yard is changing shape".
- Horticulture magazine, November-December 2011, "Bold Colors For The Border" The story, by Meghan Shinn, covered Adam's design and implemention of the Bank of Springfield.
- Horticulture magazine, September-October 2011, "Down On The Corner" This story, by Meghan Shinn, described the impactful garden Adam created at his home in Springfield, Illinois.
- St. Louis Magazine AT HOME, May-June 2011, "Naturalism With a Twist" This story, by Jan Paul, described the trajectory of Adam's design career from Springfield to St. Louis and on to Boston.
Adam Woodruff has contributed content to these periodicals and professional journals: